Monday, May 5, 2008

Sand Bag Training

The other day I was training with my 80lb sand bag. Sand bags are great for training the entire body. It is heavy (great for strength), and it is unstable (forces you to be stable through out your body). Sand bags can also be used for conditioning purposes as well.
I use them a lot for both strength and conditioning. The video shows me performing the first exercise combonation in a three combo series. It breaks down like this.
Sand bag 1a) SB burpee w/ clean & press 3x10 1b) SB Swing 3x10 I used the SB to do the swing it worked pretty good, but I think next time I will use my KB
2a) SB back squat 3x10 2b) Any ABS exercise with the bag on your chest
3a) SB Rev. lunge 3x6 each leg 3b) SB Snatch 3x10
4) pull-ups MAX
Try this out and let me know how it works for you.
Stay Strong
Matt Holder, M.S. CSCS

No comments: