Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What I want.

I always wanted to be a college level strength coach, but I kinda did my life in reverse.
I got married while I was still in school, had my first child before I graduated, and then learned how often strength coaches move from school to school. I decided I did not want to move my family all over the country, so I let go of college strength coach.

Next I thought I have all this knowledge from school, my certification, and experience I will a Private Strength Coach. I quickly realized I do not understand non athletes. I love training and can not work with someone who wants to sweat a little.

Now what do I do with my life?

i asked God to show me what His plan was. He did. I currently work with my dad, we run a small Budget Blinds franchise. I am truly happy with my faith, family, and career.

So what about my first true love the iron game?
I continue to study others, you can see who I follow on my blog.
every morning I am working out in my garage at 4:30 practice my skills, and perfecting technique.

Now for what I want.
I still want to teach others about the wide world of strength & conditioning. Instead of trying to reach the world I am going to put all my knowledge and time into my son. I want to pass the torch down to him so one day he can have all the glory.
Don't worry, I am very aware of those parents who make their kids do something they don't want to. I WILL NOT be that parent. I pray cooper loves to train the same way I do. My plan is to be the role model he needs and hope he comes to me asking to train.

I want my son to be physically better than me.

I want to teach him everything I know, and allow him to think for himself & design new creative ways of training.

No comments: