Thursday, January 15, 2009

Redfine 2009

So I am a little behind in my New Year entry, oh well.

Been gone for awhile now I'm back on the block.

I am not a new year resolution person, but two weeks ago I had kind of a life altering revelation. I don't know if it was life altering, but anyway. This is a new year, a new begining, a chance to start fresh.

So I did. I looked at everything important to me in life. My faith in Jesus Christ, family, work, training and decided to do more in all aspects. What do I mean do more? My faith has always been there, but I can give more of my self, more time, more everything.

I have always put my family before my self, now I am going the extra mile to ensure they come before my wants and needs.

Work simple; Don't WASTE time.

Now for the biggie, Training. This is what spurred my Redefine 2009. I have been lifting weights since I was 12 and there is nothing I have not done. This year I wanted to see what would happen if I started over from scratch. All the way back to the basics. I am going to take one full year to start with GPP and progress to peak performance by the end of the year.

I have designed four 12 week macro cycles made up of three 4 week micro cicles. I am in week 2 of micro 1 macro 1 and feeling pretty good about what is goin on.

I have also done something I have never done. I began an eating program (most people call it a diet). I have heard a lot of great things about The Warrior Diet and decided to give it a try. I bought the book, have been reading it, and currently on day 12. I feel great.

Good luck with what you are doing this year. What ever it is rember one thing:

The will to win must come from within.

No comments: