Friday, June 21, 2013

Firday in the wt room

I have found as I get older it takes a little longer to get moving when I lift in the morning.  For the past 6 years I got up at 4':00AM to train, so I wouldn't be taking away from family time.  Since I've been in school I still get up that early but it's to study.  This morning I decided to head to the wt room at about 8:45AM, I know its not that early, but it took me a good 30 mins to get warmed up and get moving. Now, I will admit I had lots of extra time today, so I intentionally took a longer warm up to work out some stiffness I had acquired over the weeks.  It was nice to be able to take my time. 

All I wanted to do today was Power Clean, DL, Barbell Row and call it a day.  I videoed my power clean cause I have never seen my self clean before and wanted to see what it looked like. I also decided at the end to get some sledge hammer work in.  So I videoed that as well.

1) Power Clean
    1x8  bar
    1x5  135
    1x5  185
    1x3  225
    1x3  255
    1x1  275 missed the second one got to far forward

2) DL (Alternated sets b/w conventional and sumo)
      2x5   315    1st set sumo    2nd set conventional
      2x5   405
      2x3   455

3) Barbell Row
    3x10   225

4) Sledge Hammer
   3x20  20lb hammer  10R/10L
    60 total strikes

The video is of my last PC and one of the sets with sledge hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrBu252i1Kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5bLLLFLlDw

If anybody who reads this is good with technology, and knows how to combine video recordings into one video. Can you please teach me?  I would rather download one video from the day instead of two or three.

No comments: