Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday AM Lifting

Got a good one in this morning.  Met up with one of my former players Matt Franey, who is a young strength athlete in the making, he just hasn't realized it yet. He strained his peck benching a few months ago, so I tried to help fix his form and remind him how to pack his shoulder in and stay tight. I introduced him to my partner Cody's Tricep Death, but didn't fully kill him.  To do this you will need 4 or 5 boards (2x4) I only have 4 some do it with 5.  Use a close grip start with one board do 5 reps, partner lays the 2nd board down do 5 reps, continue on till you get all your boards in with 5 reps.  Board presses and floor presses have built my bench to what it is today.  If your sticking point is your lock out these are good movements to help fix it.  This afternoon Sunshyne & I will be making up Holder family fun day were we missed Monday.  Check back for that one we will video this.

1) Bench
   1x10  bar
   1x10  95
   1x10  135
   1x10  185- Matt stayed here so we could work on finding his groove, and stayin tight on the bench.
   1x10  225
   3x10  275

2) Tricep Death 4 boards- Since it was his 1st time I decided to break him in slowly with 3 reps.  I wouldn't be this nice to everybody, but I like him.

3 reps ends up being 12 reps w/ 4 boards
       2x3  135 Matt
               225

3) 1-arm barbell row (load one end of the bar, while anchoring the other end by placing something heavy or multiple plates flat on it). A video might have made this more clear.
        1x12   R/L  (2) 45's
        2x12   R/L  (2) 45's + 25

4a) Barbell curls
     3x12    85
4b) Tri Kickbacks
     3x12 R/L    30 

No comments: